Camper adaptation project
First of all, those of you who follow me know that I tend to work with solid wood. However, due to a proposal made by a couple of friends I took on this project because I found it inspiring.
This is a brief summary of what I did:
-I used poplar plywood.
-Once cut to the required measurements I perforated it to make it lighter and to ensure the bed base would be ventilated.
-I made a central internal box and another external one for cooking.
-I put in metal runners to make it easy to open.
-I made the box at the back long enough and high enough to support the head of the bed and included storage space.
-I also perforated it to reduce weight and allow for cleaning.
-I used a piano hinge for the 3 parts of the bed and the door.
-The door has a compass close doors so that it closes slowly and finishes with a click mechanism for safety.
-I varnished it with a strong varnish in case it gets wet or damp.
Finally we fitted it in the van and it was perfect!